The 2014 World Cup Final between Argentina and Germany proved to be an adrenaline filled game, where both the teams gave it all they had to hold the world's most prestigious sporting trophy. However, Germans emerged victorious and rightly so, after a long running winning spree throughout the group and knock-out stages.
The Passionate World Cup Final Gameplay
Germany beat Argentina in a tooth and nail 1-0 victory in the World Cup Finals held in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil to become the four-time champions to hold the most prestigious trophy in the world of sports. Mario Goetze scored the winning goal in the 113 minutes of the extra time, by managing the ball by chest and then volleying it through the goal, burning the hopes of Argentinians fans across the world. The finals looked more like a rugby match than a soccer match, with ankle injuries, eye rake, flying knees and head injuries, giving the referees a tough time to manage the increasing number of fouls that occurred throughout the play.
Argentina's Search For Vengeance, Continues
Everyone was hoping for the Argentina to take revenge for the 1990 World Cup Final, where the two teams met in the finals, but Germany made it through, leaving Argentinians with a burning desire to take vengeance in the first chance they get and while, this World Cup Finals seemed like a perfect occasion, the Germans just proved they were better all the way.
The Betting Scenario – Breaking All Records
The betting volume in the World Cup finals probably crossed all previous records, and while the Germans were favorite undoubtedly, the Argentinians were not far behind in the winning spree, especially because the game of football is known to surprise. The online betting is where most of the bets were placed and players like Messi and Schwensteiger were most betted in the players bet. In the world of online betting, 888sport helped many passionate fans and bettors to bet online with ease.
Some Interesting Facts About 2014 World Cup
There are also many interesting facts about the 2014 World Cup that you might want to know, some of which are as follows -
- Argentina has reached the finals of the World Cup five times and have won two times.
- Captain Lionel Messi of Argentina created a record-breaking 21 chances for the team, but couldn't score a single goal in the last three matches.
- Germany has been successively eliminating Argentina during the knockout stage in 2006, 2010 and 2014 Football World Cup.
- Germany after this world cup has reached the second spot for most world cup titles.
- Germany has reached the World Cup Finals eight times, most by any nation.
- Germany is also the first European team to win the World Cup in the Americas.
- The team of Argentina has an average of age under 29, making them one of the oldest squad.
The 2014 world cup has been as entertaining as one could have expected it to be with emotions, excitement, thrill and joy mixed in the right proportion to serve the fans across the world, a delightful treat they waited for four years to have. The popularity, coverage, houseful stadiums, massive celebrations, large scale events, emotional tears, and much more that was witnessed during the 2014 world cup, clearly showcased the passion people have for the game and this popular sporting event, ensuring that in the time to come, this event is only going to get bigger and better.