Ten Things People Do to Keep Up Appearances
1. They keep on talking on the telephone when you are in their office.
2. They say that they have many appointments and meetings so you have to book a slot in advance to meet them.
3. They offer to pay (usually drinks or snacks) when you do finally meet up with them.
4. They tell you their mother visits the gym, spa, shops . . . and high tea! (especially high tea)
5. They frequently flash their credit cards.
6. They buy many items in your presence.
7. They say they spend $$$ on this facial, that dress . . . .
8. They buy a car (on horrendous installments)
9. When they don't buy a car, they repeatedly inform you how frequently and how much they spend on cabs.
10. They say, my boyfriend/husband earns/spends/gives XXX amount to his parents.
more in Entertainment
Gonzo-journalist offers nostalgic song and explains why the thrill of a snow day outweighs boredom of another Valentine's Day.
The article is about a store.The activites and things happening at the stores makes it funnier to read.The store is a visiual concept.
This is the first in a monthly series that spotlights some geniuses of the human race. A stupid diamond thief, a phony ant baron, and a crazy old man who loves boobs. Does it get any "better" than this??? Let’s find out . . . .
If you did manage the entire waking up and getting ready for work process (if you still have doubts on the process, please check out the last week post for this column), you will set off to work in a vehicle of your personal choice. You can choose the bus or subway, you can walk to work or, for the most courageous, you can drive you own car and build up the anger with which to hate your boss through the day.
This is a story that takes place in the future - on the eve of the 2012 presidential election, to be exact. Hardly a psychic foretelling, this is a peek at our political landscape if . . . well, if Murphy’s Law became a universal truth.