London, Jan 3 : Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has been named UK's most successful movie of 2007, after earning more than 49.4 million pounds at the box office.
The movie version of J.K Rowling's fifth instalment about the young boy wizard topped the box office, beating 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, ' which landed at second spot grossing more than 42.2 million pounds.
'Shrek the Third,' bagged the third position after taking in excess of 38.6 million pounds last year.
The fourth spot went to 'The Simpsons Movie', which raked in more than 38 million pounds, reports BBC.
Rounding off the top five was 'Spider-Man 3,' which grossed more than 33 million pounds in 2007.
Top 10 films of 2007 are:
1. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (49,420,484 pounds)
2. Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (42,237,960 pounds)
3. Shrek the Third (38,620,659 pounds)
4. The Simpsons Movie (38,544,114 pounds)
5. Spider-Man 3 (33,547,946 pounds)
6. Ratatouille (24,716,887 pounds)
7. The Bourne Ultimatum (£23,703,150 pounds)
8. Transformers (22,863,864 pounds)
9. Mr Bean's Holiday (22,142,332 pounds)
10. Hot Fuzz (21,005,064 pounds)(ANI)
© 2007 ANI
TAGS: Movies Harry PotterHarry Potter movie